Monday, November 20, 2006

The Countdown Continues

We have been very busy trying to get things in order. We have made our travel arrangements. We will be leaving from Chicago on December 10th and will arrive in Kiev on December 11th.
I have been trying to make a packing list as I think of things we need to take. Our girls will be staying with my mom, so I am trying to think of things I need to take care of for them before I go. There is money to be put in their school lunch account, costumes to be ordered for their dance recitals, christmas presents to be bought and wrapped, and christmas stockings to be found so Santa can come to Grandma's house. Our daughter Haliey is 11 and she is dancing in the Nutcracker Fantasy in Madison on December 7th, December 9th and December 10th. She has a couple of dress rehearsals during that week as well. This is the week before we leave, so I know it will be very hectic. Our oldest daughter, Brianna, is 16. She is so much help. She helps take Haliey to meet her ride to Madison when it's not my turn to drive. She helps me around the house too. I don't know what I would do without her.

The girls are excited for us to go. They made a airplane with a paper chain hanging down from it. They remove a ring on the chain as each day goes by. They are a little sad that we won't be together for Christmas, but they are very excited that they will get to be big sisters.

We will try to post more often as time gets closer for us to leave.

Also a note to Joan Meyer, Jim is also from Dodgeville. His family still lives there.

2 comments:

Missy said...

I am so excited for you...even though you don't know me! :) I am an adoption blogaholic and LOVE it when I find a new one. I am in the money saving stage for an adoption from Ukraine. Just wanted you to know you have people on the edge of your seat to read about your adventure!

Deb said...

Good luck tomorrow and be safe.

Deb