Wednesday, December 13, 2006

SDA Appointment Day

We had our appointment at the SDA this morning. We have chosen a little boy who is almost three. We will be getting our documents to travel to the orphanage tomorrow night. We will be traveling by overnight train to the region. Hopefully, we will be meeting our child on Friday.

Our plane ride here went pretty well. It was a long flight without a lot of room. We made our connection in Amsterdam without any problems.

We have a nice apartment in Kiev with a wash machine. We went to the market and we are cooking most of our meals.

We went sight seeing yesterday. They have the most beautiful churches. We have learned some Ukrainian history also.

We will try to post more after we get settled in the new region.

Jim & Jolynn

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jolynn and Jim!!

Mom called me at school today and told me all the info. I'm happy to hear things are going so well! I'm so excited for you!

Brianna and Haliey are doing fine. Brianna and I were at your house Tues night so Breeze could use the computer for some homework. Anyway, she's missing you. I told her she should take her mom's pillow to sleep on...she was going to, but then decided against it b/c of the new bedding.

I guess that's all for now. I hope your good luck continues on your trip! I can't wait to see Ivan, and pictures. I'm also happy to hear you have a washing machine. I'm sure you don't want to wash your undies by hand!!:)lol Jenee'

Anonymous said...

hey mom it is friday and i am hoping to hear from you this weekend. i miss you alot. my band concert went well. jenee came to hear me.
love Brianna

Anonymous said...

hello its Gramee and its friday night 4:30 and Brianna and Haliey are with me at your house. we are doing the chores and i have been using your eliptical while the girls are working. i have been doing a half a mile in 7 minutes and 20 seconds. collete will be happy that i am getting some exercise. i hope to hear from you this weekend and we all are exiceted for you.
bye chow love mom

Rob Pagnucci said...

Jim & Jolynn,

Congratulations. We are very excited for you. We can't wait to see pictures of Ivan. Take care & good luck with everything! Rob, Vicki, Bradley, & Courtney

Deb said...

Hello how are you guys doing? I hear that Ivan has a sister too. Is my brother behaving himself? Just checking to see if this works. be safe and hope to see you guys soon.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

Glad your appointment went well. I will be watching for updates on your journey. I will be home in Dodgeville on the 23rd to see my parents, Rex & Myrna Spink.