Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Our New Little Boy

We have travel to Zaphoriah(?) which is the region where our child is. I know I have spelled it wrong, but I do not have the correct spelling with us. The internet is very close to the orphanage, but is extremely slow with all the children playing games on it. Why are they not in school? I do not know!

Ivan is doing great. He has blonde hair and blue eyes. He did not want to go to us at first which is understandable for any child of his age. He knows only the adults that care for him. He has warmed up to us and looks forward to our visits now. He was upset one day because he had to go back to his group and he wanted to stay with us! Yesterday they told him he needed to get dressed and he said his mama was here. He is very bright and full of energy. We took him outside to play and he nearly wore Jim out trying to keep up with him. We gave him a car which he keeps in his pocket. He likes to roll it to Jim and I. We also gave him a puppy which he carries around and will not let anyone have.

We are currently on the paper chase. We are trying to get everything to the inspector so we can have a court date as soon as possible. Ivan has a sister who we will come back and adopt when she is available. We have to sign a paper stating we will do this, however, no one knows how to do this letter. Hopefully, our facilitator will find out how to do this today at the SDA as she has an appointment there. It is possible we will have this taken care of today. Please pray we get this done and get a court date soon. We are anixious to be able to come home.

Ivan's sister is in boarding school in the same region, but a different town. She was only taken away from her mother a few months ago and her paperwork is not complete to be put in the system yet. Once her paperwork is done, she has to be in the system for one year before we will be able to adopt her. She is around four years old. We are excited to be getting a daughter as well and Haliey willbe happy to know she will be getting a little sister too.

We miss our daughters and our family, but we are so happy to be getting Ivan. I know you all will love him.
We enjoy all your comments and will be able to leave blogs more frequently now that we are settled for a while. The only problem is the internet being so slow.

We love you all.

Jim and Jolynn

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! I almost started to cry when I read the part where he didn't want to go because his 'mama is here'. I can't imagine the feeling you have knowing that Ivan has developed his feelings for the two of you as his parents! That is so exciting! It sounds like you're having a nice time with him. What's his sister's name? Even though she's not ready for adoption, can you still see her?....not necessarily talk with her, but to go observe her or something?

I was wondering if you wanted me to look into childcare before you got home? Going to work, I pass by Dr. Wake's office. I noticed the childcare next door has openings -- I thought of you. Or, I could call Tammy Buehler and find out what she has going on. Or, if you just want to wait until you come home, or whatever, that's fine too. I thought I could help out if I can. Let me know.

It's great hearing from you, and that everything is going as you hoped it would!
Love ya!!! xxoo Jenee'

PS - "all is well" with me, (wink-wink)

Anonymous said...

Hi mom I am excited for you. I miss you a lot and I wish you would call us soon. I want to know what color is the girls hair and what color eyes does she have. Do you know when her B-day is? Is Ivan and her full brother and sister?
Love your daughter Brianna

Rich and Lisa W. said...

I am so happy to have found your blog. We adopted from Zaporozhya last year the same time. We are so excited for you guys even though we have never met. Good luck over there and try to enjoy your time even though it feels a lot like groundhog day everyday over there!! We were hoping to find someone adopting the little boy from our daughters groupa but his name was Dima. We are just praying that he finds his forever home. We were at the "Sun" orphanage and the director and doctor there were wonderful. Good luck to you and we will be praying for a quick and easy process for you. By the way, the male judge over there is just wonderful!! Like a big teddy bear... I hope you have him also.

Take Care,
Lisa
www.weatherbyadoption.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I am glad another WI has made a forever family.