Monday, December 25, 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Well today is Christmas. Caleb came to me this morning with a big hug. It was a wonderful Christmas present! Today the weather isn't too cold. Yesterday was colder. We went to the museum on the island here. We waited about 40 minutes for the bus in the cold and when we finally got there, the museum was closed. We went to eat at nice cafe. I think that was the best meal Jim has had since we've been here. I thought I would make something nice for Christmas dinner, but they do not have the same things we have in the United States. I am not for sure what we will end up with for dinner. It is different here since no one celebrates Christmas today. It is just another Monday.

Tomorrow Caleb's group, as well as the other children, are putting on a program at the childrens home. He was in the program, but will no longer participate as he is too busy with us and he will not cooperate. His group asked us to get some white turtleneck shirts for their program as they do not have enough. They are also asking us to get some toys for his group. What I think they really need is shoes. Brianna raised money at school for the orphanage. We will use the money from that to buy toys. We will buy shoes along with the shirts. The orphanage is also requesting for a small refrigerator to put medicene in. We will have to do some shopping.

We are thinking of our family today as they celebrate Christmas without us. I know it is hard on them too. It sounds like we may get a court date on Thursday. Please pray this happens for us. If we get the court date, then our 10 day waiting period will be over their shut down from Jan. 1- Jan. 7. During the shut down, nothing can be done anyway. Our waiting period would be up on Jan 7th and we would be ready to head to Keiv on Monday Jan 8th which is the first working day after the shut down. Then we would be on the final stretch towards coming home!

We love you all--Merry Christmas!

Jim & Jolynn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi mom and dad we just talked to you so I won't say much. Grandma decided to stay in the car this time. We love the presents that you gave to us. Haliey gave Honey a Christmas present today. She cleaned out his cage. He was very happy to have a clean cage. Sorry dad we couldn't find your dvd.
Love Brianna and Haliey

Merry Christmas to you.

Anonymous said...

I FINALLY CHECKED YOUR BLOG. I'VE BEEN THINKING OF YOU TWO. AND PRAYING THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL TRIP AND BE BACK HOME SOON. HAILEY AND YOUR MOM KEPT US POSTED BUT WE HAVENT TALKED TO THEM SINCE LAST WED. THEY SEEMED EXCITED! IT SEEMS LIKE QUITE AN ADVENTURE. I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL. I HOPE YOUR MOM IS KEEPING THE GIRLS BUSY DURING THE BREAK. IT SEEMS WIERD WITHOUT ANY SNOW. IT CALLS FOR RAIN THIS WEEK. I JUST TALKED TO BRIANNA TO MAKE SURE I KNEW HOW TO SEND THIS SO THAT YOU WOULD GET THIS MESSAGE. I WILL BE WATCHING YOUR SITE AND WILL WRITE BACK SOON.,